Today, eBay is the world’s largest online marketplace and auction site with more ebaythan 97 million active users around the globe. EBay’s United States marketplace sales reached $7.3 billion in the second quarter and global sales on eBay sites, excluding autos, totaled $18.3 billion. More than a million people worldwide depend on eBay as their full or part time income and have used it to make their dream of owning their own online business a reality. Others have used the site as a vehicle to expand their existing brick-and-mortar business online. The benefits of starting a business on eBay are numerous, including the fact that the cost to start up are really low compared to all the other costs that are involved with a regular brick-and mortar business, but making money on eBay is no different than running any other successful business. You’ll need to consider all of the administrative and upfront costs, monitor your product’s quality and positioning, market your products, set up your pricing, fulfill orders in a timely manner, and provide outstanding customer service. Throughout this article, I will be talking about the three different types of phases there are when selling on eBay and revealing five very powerful tips to help you become an eBay PowerSeller.
The Three Different Types of Phases When Selling on eBay:
Phase 1- This is the beginner phase where you start out by selling your junk and any unwanted items. Finding something to sell is as easy as deciding to clean your basement or selling your collectible items and antiques.
Phase 2- This is an Intermediate phase where you run out of junk to sell so you look for cheap but valuable products elsewhere. Start by going to garage sales and find hidden treasures, find abandoned products at storage auctions or shop off seasons at stores like Wal-Mart where you can get a great deal on bulk orders, stuff that’s on major sale at retail discount stores like TJ Maxx and JC Penney that may be selling hugely discounted merchandise that’s going for full price at other marketplaces like eBay. You can also find under priced valuables at garage sales, swap meets, thrift stores, and Goodwill. You can even find and buy poorly listed items on eBay and re list the product and sell it a higher price by putting a better picture and description. Some eBay sellers even offer handmade items such as paintings, crafts, perfume, scarfs, or machinery. Amazon offers a wide variety of books for starting a small business, just search for small business ideas.
Phase 3- This is where you market a drop shippers products. When the buyer buys from you, contact the drop shipper who is responsible for sending the item directly to your eBay customer. Drop shipping offers very little risk because you don’t pay for the product before it has sold and requires very little work; however, drop shipping is neither low-cost nor easy. In order to get a make money on ebaygood deal on products, you must buy in bulk. Go to Wholesalecentral.com/dropshippers.html and sign up for drop shipping companies. Now, let’s go over how to effectively sell these products.
Five Power Tips to Make you an Ebay PowerSeller:
- Do your research– Find out what products are selling by going to Pulse.ebay.com. Sell what people want and you’ll sell more of it. See at what prices your product is selling for at other sites and see how they describe it-you want a good detailed description and an informative keyword rich title for search optimization purposes. Make sure you don’t misspell anything, set a fair make money on ebayprice by learning about eBay’s listing fees, and make sure you fill out all the fields. Sell high quality products the right way by always using a couple of quality pictures that illustrate your product from different angles and in a good environment. Use an outside app to manage listings like Garage Sale to upload photos to your own server so you don’t have to pay eBay’s prices for extra photos. If you’re selling your item auction style, make your auctions stand out. Choose the right format to sell your item whether it be the auction or the “buy it now” format.
- Offer free shipping to attract more buyers, just estimate the shipping cost and include it in the price. Package the item carefully and ship the product right away and follow up with your customer as soon as you receive payment of your product to build a good reputation as a seller. Let your buyer know you appreciate their business by inviting them to leave positive feedback to encourage repeat sales.
- Consider listing your product on a Thursday for a 10-day auction to get in two weekends’ worth of exposure. Track the results of a few auctions to learn how to position your own items for sale.
- Always use PayPal.
- Use a secret tool called Auctiva- Found at Auctiva.com, this website will give you the ability how to make money on ebayto put auctions on steroids quickly and easily using their automatic auction scheduling. With Auctiva, you save time, money, and you can increase your sales by 400%.
Ebay is the world’s largest online marketplace and many people have used eBay as a way to quit their job. Whether you want to sell your treasures, valuable items from thrift stores, or in demand products from drop shippers, always make sure that you do your research, use multiple quality pictures, keyword rich titles and detailed descriptions by seeing how other people listed the product on other websites. Set a fair price and offer free shipping to attract more buyers. Always offer exceptional customer service, use PayPal, and definitely use Auctiva. Using these tips, you can be on your way to becoming an eBay PowerSeller and possibly making a decent income from home.
If you have any questions or would like to add to this tips, please state them below.
To Your Success,
Become an E-Commerce Associate on one of the fastest growing international e-commerce sites on the internet today and tap into the marketing power of over 1 million affiliates and instantly increase your sales. Get a free $12 gift card upon enrollment. Click here to find out more.
- 17 Exciting Facts Why Affiliate Marketing Still Works In 2019 And For Years To Come
- 25 Best Inspirational Quotes Of All Time For Internet And Affiliate Marketers
- How To Self-Publish An Amazing Ebook On Amazon Kindle
- What Is Slice The Pie-Is It Legit Or A Scam?
- What Is Lucktastic- Is It A Scam Or Legit?