Hey, I will be walking you through the process of setting up a WordPress website step by step. I will give you a video as well as give you written instructions to make it even easier. However, I don’t recommend you start your online business alone as you may run into many scams and expensive keyword tools. Here, you’ll find all the superior training, tools, and expert help you need to make you a successful internet marketer. Without further due, let’s get started.
This YouTube video does a great job of discussing the process of setting up your own website.
So Here Are The Steps to Start Building Your WordPress Website From Scratch:
1. Register your domain name.
You start by registering a quality domain name on Namecheap or GoDaddy.com and you can get a coupon at Retailmenot.com. Your domain name can be something brandable or keyword rich.
Tips for Registering a Domain Name- (I know, I made some mistakes with mine, oops).
- To buy the very best domain names, they cannot start or end with numbers or hyphens because they have less perceived value.
- The shorter and easier to spell, the better. Think about the simple domain name that Marc Ostrofsky sold for millions of dollars, business.com. Google and companies love generic names.
- Always try to choose a .com domain name because they rank better in the search engines. If it isn’t available, you can try adding the plural form or a couple of words. The next two best options are registering a .org or .net.
- It’s important to choose a domain with quality keywords that have a high search volume and low amount competition. At the very least 400 searches a month and less than 400 competing pages. The more searches and the least amount of competition, the better. You also want to target quality keywords in all of your articles within your website. That’s why it’s so important to have an excellent keyword tool that has the capability of revealing numerous amount of profitable keywords in a couple of seconds and so much more.
2. Setup hosting.
The Hostgator baby plan is a good option if you’re planning to build several websites. Ideally, if you’re just starting out, choose the first option and pay for only one website, you can always upgrade later. Enter the coupon code from RetailMeNot to receive discounted hosting. Enter your domain name without the http:// where it says “I currently have a domain name.”
3. Thirdly, you want to point your domain to your web host.
Login to your Namecheap account. Go to “domains” then “manage domains”. Click on your newly registered domain. On the left hand menu, click on “Transfer DNS to Webhost.” Click on the little bubble that says, “Specify Custom DNS Servers.”
You will receive an e-mail from Hostgator. It is very important that you save that e-mail. You will see your 1st and 2nd nameservers. Copy and paste these in the first and second box and don’t forget to click on “save changes”.
4. Finally, setup your site.
To setup your website, go back to your e-mail and click on your control panel. Copy your password so you enter it on the next page along with your username to login.
Then,scroll down under “Software and Services” and click on the blue smiley face that says “Fantastico De Luxe.” Don’t worry about anything else, you don’t need them.
Under “Blogs” on the top left hand side, click on “WordPress.” Click on “New Installation.” Go under the “Admin Access Data” and enter your username and password. Store this information in a safe place. Fill in the last boxes as well. You can create a separate gmail account with your websites name if you want. Click on “Install WordPress” and “Finish Installation.”
Whoo! Congratulations, you are now ready to setup your theme and plugins and began adding high quality content to your website. Make sure you search engine optimize your content and share it on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Digg, Reddit, Pinterest, and StumbleUpon.
I hoped this helped you out. If you have any questions on setting up you WordPress website, please state them below. I will create new articles on setting up your WordPress website.
To Your Success,