Price: $67/month or $497 for three years+ several upsells
Owners: Mark Ling
Overall Rank: 3 out of 5 stars
Affilorama’s goal is to minimize the potential hurdles for aspiring affiliates, enabling them to start seeing success from their affiliate businesses sooner. We do this by providing straightforward, step-by-step training, and tools to simplify the technical demands of building an affiliate business”. – Affilrama.com
Affilorama, Product Overview
Started in 2006, Affilorama is one of the best-selling products on ClickBank and created by the tremendously successful internet marketer, Mark Ling. The membership has now grown to over 200,000 people worldwide and providing members over the shoulder type of training and a wide variety of tools, some that are useful and some that are not.
The Pros vs. Cons of Affilorama
- $1 30 day trial
- Option to pay the Premium Plan for 3 years access for just $497. This option comes out to $13.80 per month. Not a bad deal at all if you have $500.
- Stealth affiliate marketing training, tactics and cutting edge videos
- Interviews with underground affiliate millionaires
- ‘Over the shoulder’ and step-by-step Affiliate Blog Bootcamp videos
- 12 premium ‘market dominating’ software tools
- Free web hosting for up to 15 domains, (This is fine if you’re just starting out. You only need one website to be successful in this business).
- They have one of the biggest affiliate marketing community.
- Free membership option to learn the fundamentals
- Some misinformation tools and training that can harm your online business.
- The costs of all the upsells, downsells, and sidesells can really add up and be very expensive. The membership fee doesn’t unlock all the tools.
- Support is provided by a support team, not by Mark as he is a busy entrepreneur. Even though there are some active members and some moderators to help members, the community feels pretty dead.
- It seems like the premium membership is more for people who have bought the AffiloBlueprint and Jetpack.
- There are only 19 videos in the “Premium Vault” in which seven are on creating your own product.
- There is only one previous issue of the premium “magazine, it’s not delivered on a monthly basis.
- You’re limited to have only 15 domains hosted in their server and there are limitations.
- No website builder to simplify the process of building a website with ease.
- You won’t learn how to make money promoting physical products from Amazon or other relevant affiliate networks.
- The free program is very restricted compared to the paid training.
- It focuses on promoting Clickbank products.
- The navigation is confusing.
- The membership is not updated frequently.
- Mark still promotes other IM products to his list, this raises a red flag to question the quality of his own products.
- The various products and memberships can make choosing the right program difficult.
Become A Pro Affiliate Marketer= All The Tools, Superior Training, and Expert Support You Need To Succeed
Who is Affilorama For?
Affilorama is for anyone who wants to make money online and doesn’t have any experience in affiliate marketing to those that want to take their skills and knowledge to the next level.
Affilorama Training & Tools
Affilorama’s training starts with the basic videos which are impressive, but somewhat tedious.
The Affilorama Premium offers an enormous amount comprehensive training. The Affiliate Blog Bootcamp alone contains seven hours.
Some of the topics covered each month include: Cost per Action- CPA Marketing, Site Flipping, PPC Secrets, Social Media Tactics, Advanced Back linking Secrets, and Building an AdSense Empire. Other topics covered are Outsourcing Secrets, How to build a six figure income with Google AdSense and How to profit in the ‘make money online’ niche using viral marketing, JV partners and product launches, and more.
Along with all of these, you will have access to detailed super affiliate interviews that reveal their online marketing strategies and tons of “stealth” affiliate tactics.
The training will teach you to build quick “mini niche sites” or one page sites that have the name of the product and the word review or any other popular keyword, optimize your site for that keyword phrase to rank it in the search engines and convert most visitors into buyers. The training again is centralized on building the most websites in the least amount of time and promoting ClickBank products. In my opinion, you should be focusing on building quality content one website at a time.
AffiloBlueprint– A simple and clearly explained 12 step training program where you watch Mark build an affiliate site from scratch. You also have tasks at the end.
Outdated Training and Tools That Can Adversely Affect Your Business
Some of the training found in Affilorama Premium is exceptional, however, some of it is not.
Flaw #1: The emphasis of one of the four Blog Boot camp lessons is link building found in the Blog Boot camp.
Websites that focus on backlinks get the “Google Slap” and DO NOT RANK in the search engines. This strategy was heaven in 2012, but since Google updated their algorithms, people started losing their rankings along with their income. If you do decide to buy this program, don’t follow this outdated misinformation.
Flaw #2: PLR (Private Label Rights) content
In the premium membership of Affilorama, you are given 30 new PLR articles every month. The problem is that you and all the others members are using this same content. Google hates duplicate content and if you use any of this articles, you will not rank. What Google likes is consistent, quality and unique content. This worked in 2010, but not anymore.
Flaw#3: Some Useless and Harmful Tools
The tools within the membership are not being updated as fast as internet marketing is evolving. Some of the 15 tools found in the Premium membership will either give you meaningless data or harm your site which include the…
Trusted Site Tool analyzes the Page Rank (PR) within Google. The quality or trustworthiness of a website is no longer determined by the Page Rank metric.
The “Social Snoop” tool– this tool quickly locates social sites that you can get backlinks to which will kill your rankings.
Article Spinning tool– Remember how I told you that Google likes unique content? This tool takes existing articles and rewords the whole article and replaces some words as if using a thesaurus. Often times the result is poor content that is not engaging and doesn’t make any sense. In the end, it is crucial to write your own content.
If you write about something that interests you, it shouldn’t be that hard and should actually come out naturally. The beauty of internet marketing is that you don’t need to be an expert in any topic or be an English major, we all need to start from somewhere. With a little or abundant research, some time, effort, and interest, it is easy to write your own quality content.
AffiloTools- link finder, market research, site ranking, competition and analysis tools. You can run an online business without these tools simply by using Google Analytics and Google Webmaster tools, they just provide it in one place.
AffiloJetpack –pre-made niche websites with content, free products and follow-up e-mails to your list. This comes with the AffiloTheme.
Premade content for your chosen niche
Support from the community in which the majority are free members is available by message boards and a forum at all levels of the membership. Sometimes you will get fast support, but not all the time. Mark Ling is available on occasion, but you should not expect a timely response from him as Affilorama is not his main emphasis.
How Much Does Affilorama Cost?
Expect upsells, downsells and sidesells within Affilorama. I understand that Mark is a marketer and wants to make the most money, but having several upsells is a shady tactic. I doubt that several people will have the $500 to put down for three years of training, thus, for the $67 monthly fee, you should gain access to EVERYTHING. His valuable and overpriced products don’t compare to my #1 ranked program for affiliate marketing training.
Affilorama Premium- $67 per month or $497 for three years. The $67 price point is way more expensive than other superior internet marketing services.
Upsell #1: AffiloBlueprint 3.0 Membership $197
The package includes 13 downloadable lessons and course notes, over 90 step by step videos covering topics from affiliate marketing, niche marketing and research, free traffic methods like SEO, PPC via Google’s content network, a private members forum and a free AffiloTheme website builder along with one year free hosting for one website and a one month free trial of Affilorama Premium. It’s an additional $67 per month for support.
Upsell #2: AffiloJetpack Membership ($997)
The AffiloJetPack is an overpriced “niche marketing” package that should be free because it focuses on promoting Mark Lings products. These packages do contain decent information and will give you access to the following:
- Your choice of five of 18 niche packages
- 90 newsletter email series, one per niche
- 3 e-books and graphics per niche (these are intended for free reports)
- 20 researched-packed ‘content cheat sheets’
- 5 header graphics and layout
- Access to Affilotheme and free hosting for a year
- Website set up
- Bonus- Traffic generation strategies for success. Not only will you learn about SEO or PPC, but the most effective proven traffic-driving techniques.
Upsell #3: AffiloTools
This helps you see where you’re rank in several search engines and regions, which keywords you’re ranking for, track your competitors and what pages in your website are indexed. This also helps you track your Facebook likes and Twitter retweets and ClickBank earnings all in one place.
If you buy all of these, you will be looking at spending about $2000 in your first year of business for the Premium membership.
My Final Opinion of Affilorama
Although this membership could use improvement, this is one of the better products in the industry that offers decent tools, overall- awesome training and good but not superior support. It can be really bewildering for aspiring affiliate marketers on which product to purchase first. Some of the outdated training and tools found in the membership can lead to failure for those that didn’t know. That along with no website builder within the membership and confusing navigation can really make things difficult for aspiring marketers.
Wealthy Affiliate has a cheaper and awesome membership per month and doesn’t have any upsells. You have no limitations on the hosting or the number of website installs. The owners are always helping members on a daily basis and on the live chat. I also get a response within 28 hours.
Affilorama at a Glance…
Price: $67/month or $497 for three years + several upsells
Owners: Mark Ling
Overall Rank: 3 out of 5 stars
To Your Success,
If you have been a member of Affilorama, please leave your experience below.